How does droidcon protect sponsors and visitors from potential infection with the coronavirus?
The safety and health of our sponsors, partners, speakers and attendees is our top priority. Therefore droidcon has developed a comprehensive hygiene and safety concept based on cooperation with the venue and the responsible health department.
What specific measures are being taken to ensure that droidcon London runs safely and successfully?
- Compliance with strict and increased cleaning cycles for communal facilities and contact areas
- All sanitary facilities will increasingly subjected to surface disinfection, and the soap dispensers will also constantly refilled and disinfected
- The operational control of the modern ventilation systems ensures that the halls are always well ventilated
- Permanent, active information before and during the event about measures to be taken to prevent infection by everyone
- High density of hand washing and hand disinfection options at entrances, information stands and catering points
- Observance of the recognized distance rules and appeal to personal responsibility
- Prioritization of a "no handshake policy"
In addition to the responsibility of droidcon, everyone involved in events is also responsible for implementing the hygiene and safety measures.
For information, these regulations and other general principles of conduct are announced in advance online and on-site on notice boards. The rules can be safely implemented thanks to the house rules that apply to everyone present.
How do I get access to the event?
All attendees are requested to sign in at reception in order to comply with the NHS’s test and trace. The BDC will keep this data for 21 days in line with track and trace guidelines.
NHS COVID-19 app allows you to quickly and easily ‘check in’ to the venue by scanning a QR code, and this information stays on your phone. QR codes are positioned at the front entrance to the venue and to the loading bay so those arriving can check in as they arrive before passing into the building.
We ask that if you are attending an event at the venue then you come prepared to show your COVID Pass.
Those 18 and over can obtain an NHS COVID Pass if one of the following applies:
- Two weeks have passed since completing a full course of vaccination, whether that requires two doses or one dose (that is, two doses of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine, or one dose of the Janssen vaccine).
- You have proof of a negative rapid lateral flow or PCR test taken within 48 hours of entry to the venue, with both at-home and on-site (where available) being accepted. A lateral flow test taken at home will need to be reported into the public reporting system.
Coming from a non - UK country please show your negative PCR test, available in the UK
- You have proof of natural immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.
- Or other authorised identified documentation or method of confirming COVID-19 status (e.g. for international attendees).
Thermal imaging cameras have been installed in the reception area and loading bay to detect body temperatures of those arriving into the building. Anyone showing a temperature of 38.0 C and above will be given the opportunity to wait outside in an appropriate area for 10 minutes to be re-tested.
We ask that you wash your hands as soon as arriving at the BDC. Hand Sanitiser is available at the entrances and around the building, and hot water hand washing stations with anti-bacterial hand wash are positioned inside.
Is contact follow-up required?
The contact details and presence times of all participants will be recorded via a certified App prior to the event, i.e. specifically: first and last name, telephone number, full postal address or email address.
Please note that all persons (sponsors, visitors, service providers, ...) have to register online before the start of droidcon London 2021. Tickets are still available online onsite. An identity check will carried out when entering the exhibition grounds, i.e. the name on the access authorization/entry card must match the proof of identity (ID) and Covid documentations, either negative test result, vaccination or recovery certificate. Otherwise, it won´t be possible to enter the premises.
droidcon London organisers will use a certfiied
Covid NHS App to track and trace the attendees data. Attendance times will also be recorded when entering or leaving the venue. However, they will only be available for the responsible health department if requested by the authorities. The data will be processed in accordance with data protection requirements.
As a sponsor, you are responsible for managing a contact list of those present at your stand and for making it available to the health authorities to identify contact persons of Covid-19 infected persons. All data must be stored for four weeks in compliance with the introduction of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and then deleted.